Slow performance compared to C++, ideas?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 18:08:35 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 6 June 2013 at 01:00:36 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> This was circa 2003.  Look at the state of Java from then.  And
> also consider that when the *decision* was made to make
> non-virtual the default, was considerably before then.
>
> -Steve

This is why I wrote that this may have been true in the past.
Nevertheless, it is completely false today.

History also showed us that C# introduced way to revirtualize
method, for several purposes like mock. We can't simple take this
argument and don't look at it with the light of history.

The history shows that out of 3 point, only one remains valid,
and this is the one about properties. Ironically, this is the one
that do not apply to D (in its current shape) as we don't have an
proper property.