Time to destroy Walter: breaking modules into packages

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Wed Jun 5 19:10:26 PDT 2013

Am Wed, 05 Jun 2013 18:31:22 -0400
schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>:

> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/2139
>
> Andrei

To those who don't want to see a < 1000 lines module: Please
consider that as soon as we'd merge multiple compression
algorithms into one file for the sake of making the module
"large enough", it will turn back on us when we decide to
implement any larger number of those:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lossless_compression_algorithms

I see one down side though: Some algorithms are alterations of
others and could reuse code. For the sake of speaking module
names I'd still split the compression algorithms into multiple
modules and probably let one import the other.

--
Marco