Path as an object in std.path

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 22:04:29 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 5 June 2013 at 20:52:24 UTC, Dylan Knutson wrote:
> Dub is forced to define its own separate Path type because, as
> its author states, using a string to represent a path "more
> often than not results in hidden bugs."

You're miss quoting here. "usually will be places where the path
is modified using string operations [...]"

While I've had desires to have my functions accept a Path so that
I can document what is being accepted (also helps with function
overloads), std.path has been working well for me as I move my
code from string operations to path operations.