Slow performance compared to C++, ideas?

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Wed Jun 5 22:31:18 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 6 June 2013 at 01:14:23 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> I would have expected something more like
>
> 1. 'virtual' means a method is an "introducing" one.
> 2. 'override' means override with a non-final function.
> 3. 'final override' means a method overrides a base virtual
> function with a
> final function.
> 4. 'final' by itself both mean final and non-overriding.

[...]

Yes I agree that's much more intuitive.

Also having ability for methods to individually opt out of a
virtual: or final: block will be nice to have.

eg

virtual:

    void a();
    final void b();

This should satisfy everyone since you'll easily be able to make
a class virtual by default or final by default (more or less).

--rt