Slow performance compared to C++, ideas?

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Wed Jun 5 22:37:58 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 6 June 2013 at 05:19:32 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> 1. 'virtual' means a method is an "introducing" one.
>> 2. 'override' means override with a non-final function.
>> 3. 'final override' means a method overrides a base virtual
>> function with a final function.
>> 4. 'final' by itself both mean final and non-overriding.

> As for no specification, I thought the whole point was to have
> it
> default to final? So 'final' should be optional in this case.

I see your point, but when I override a virtual it will usually
always be with another virtual unless for some reason I wanted to
explicitly state final. That's how it's always been done in other
languages that I'm aware of, and switching to final by default on
overrides will likely be a source of frustration.

--rt