The State of LDC on Windows

Don turnyourkidsintocash at nospam.com
Thu Jun 6 01:38:38 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 5 June 2013 at 23:45:02 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As some of you might already know, LDC has come dangerously
> close to being usable on Win32/MinGW recently.
>
> I just posted a small writeup describing the current situation
> to my blog:
> http://klickverbot.at/blog/2013/05/the-state-of-ldc-on-windows/
>
> Alpha-quality binary packages are available as part of 0.11.0
> Beta 3:
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.871.1370475122.13711.digitalmars-d-ldc@puremagic.com
>
> David

This is great news!
There's an often-repeated error in there. Borland cannot possibly
have patented Structured Exception Handling -- it was invented by
Microsoft, not by Borland. Of course anybody can claim a patent
*related* to SEH, or that uses SEH in some way, but that's not
the same thing as inventing it.
I don't know if Microsoft ever had any patents on SEH, but if
they did, they must have expired long ago.