Slow performance compared to C++, ideas?

Michal Minich michal.minich at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 01:42:26 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 6 June 2013 at 05:52:28 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

> 1. 'virtual' means a method is an "introducing" one.
> 2. 'override' means override with a non-final function.
> 3. 'final override' means a method overrides a base virtual
> function with a final function.
> 4. 'final' by itself and none both mean final and
> non-overriding.

I like the 'final override', it is more natural.

What about case when you want to introduce new final method of
the same name as already existing final method in base (c# uses
'new' for this)

class Base { final void foo () }
class Derived : Base { new void foo () }

what would be in place of 'new' in D?