Path as an object in std.path

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Jun 6 10:42:00 PDT 2013

On Thursday, June 06, 2013 19:25:56 Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
> I know. There are a few additions that I've been planning to
> make for std.path for the longest time, I just haven't found the
> time to do so yet. Specifically, I want to add a couple of
> functions that deal with ranges of path segments rather than full
> path strings.

Another thing to consider is overloads of some of the functions which take an
output range as their first argument. There has been an increased push lately
to cut down on GC allocations in Phobos, and so we're probably going to start
having more functions be overloaded such that they can be used with output
ranges in order to give the folks who want to avoid the GC more control -
similar to how we have the overload of toString that takes a delegate (though
outside of classes, since we can templatize stuff, using an output range is
more flexible than a delegate, though a delegate does qualify as an ouput range
apparently).

- Jonathan M Davis