Time to destroy Walter: breaking modules into packages

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jun 6 11:16:03 PDT 2013

> We've already discussed this at length. It's possible that we missed
> something, but this proposal is not something that we just jumped into without
> thinking it through first. In fact, it actually took quite a bit to talk Walter
> into the necessity of it in the first place.

The only reason I'm for it is because we need to break up std.algorithm (for the
canonical example) without breaking existing code.

I'm sure the problem with:

simple module => kitchen sink monstrosity => break up module

is a recurring issue that most everyone has sooner or later. We need to support it.