Slow performance compared to C++, ideas?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Jun 6 12:42:22 PDT 2013

On Thursday, June 06, 2013 12:37:12 Walter Bright wrote:
> > I think class hierarchy analysis is very doable for whole D projects. You
> > just pass the tool all files in the project and it does its thing.
> >
> > http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~palsberg/tba/papers/dean-grove-chambers-ecoop95.pd
> >
> > This would actually be a great GSoC-style project, distributable via
> > tools/.
> The trouble, as has been pointed out before, is shared libraries.

Yes. Especially those which are dynamically loaded while the program is
running.

What you _could_ do is have a program which looked over your code and pointed
out which functions which probably didn't need to be virtual, but it would
still need to be up to the programmer to actually make the change, since the
program could easily be wrong.

- Jonathan M Davis