Slow performance compared to C++, ideas?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Jun 6 17:13:15 PDT 2013

On Thursday, June 06, 2013 20:01:09 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> >> Sorry, that's never going to fly.
> >
> > It could tell the programmer which functions it _thinks_ don't need to be
> > virtual, but it can't be 100% correct.
>
> It would be 100% correct if given the entire application. You may want
> to take a look at the CHA paper.

It may be (I'd have to look at the paper), but it's my understanding that
dynamically loading libraries while the program would kill that when those
libraries can change. You could have functions which are not currently
overridden but which a later version of a plugin could override without
needing the program to be recompiled. The tool would mark such functions as
final, making it so that the plugin couldn't add such an override later without
requiring the main program to be rebuilt.

- Jonathan M Davis