Slow performance compared to C++, ideas?

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 6 21:34:19 PDT 2013

On 6/6/13 6:12 PM, Walter Bright wrote:

> and I'm the only one I know of that uses it.

You really need to get out of the habit of associating "I can't remember people telling me they use
something" and "no one uses it".

    1) your memory isn't perfect.

    2) just because you're not aware it's happening doesn't mean it isn't.

    3) likely lots of other reasons, but come on, 1 and 2 are more than sufficient to kill the phrase.

Yeah, I know you couched it with "I know of" this time, but the pattern is pretty silly regardless.
  This community is awfully myopic when it comes to use of personal history and mapping it onto
everyone else's behavior.