The cast(signed), cast(unsigned) feature proposal

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 14:04:39 PDT 2013

On Friday, 7 June 2013 at 20:52:53 UTC, Mrzlga wrote:
> That's it!
>
> Thanks for your consideration :)

FWI, you can use std.trait's Signed and Unsigned as a partial
alternative.
http://dlang.org/phobos/std_traits.html#.Signed

IMO, not quite as elegant. I support this syntax. It's natural,
and I *think* the "keywords" are reserved anyways, so that
shouldn't be a problem anyways. We already have "cast(const)"
anyways, so cast(signed) is (imo) only natural. I'd almost expect
it to work.

I think this isn't the first time it has been brought up either.
Unless I'm mistaken, user Bearophile has opened a request for
this. Not 100% sure though. Gonna look for it.