Phobos Review Queue

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Fri Jun 7 15:41:55 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 6 June 2013 at 19:50:51 UTC, Brian Schott wrote:
> std.uni was recently accepted for inclusion in Phobos, and as
> far as I'm aware there are no reviews currently in progress.
>
> We currently have a backlog of several modules that are ready
> for comments or review[1]. There seems to be no real schedule
> for starting reviews other than "when someone pushes for it".
>
> I'm ready to start a discussion on a D lexer module I've
> written for inclusion in Phobos. There are several modules in
> line ahead of mine, so I'm willing to hold off on this if the
> authors of those other modules are ready for review.
>
> [1] http://wiki.dlang.org/Review_Queue

Looks like there are no objections. I'd say you're up. Just need
a Review Manager.

Unless I'm mistaken, all that a Review Manager seems to do is
send out the announcements of the (typically 3 week) review and
then announce the week long voting period and finally tally and
post the results.  I don't see why the person proposing the
module can't be the Review Manager too.  I don't really see any
sort of conflict of interest when the vote is done publicly and
the vote count is usually fewer than a couple dozen.

Anyone disagree?  I think it could really help move the review
queue along if people don't have to wrangle up a Review Manager.
Instead they could just post like Brian has done making sure they
aren't stepping on anyone's toes.