Phobos Review Queue

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 17:11:50 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 6 June 2013 at 19:50:51 UTC, Brian Schott wrote:
> std.uni was recently accepted for inclusion in Phobos, and as
> far as I'm aware there are no reviews currently in progress.
>
> We currently have a backlog of several modules that are ready
> for comments or review[1]. There seems to be no real schedule
> for starting reviews other than "when someone pushes for it".
>
> I'm ready to start a discussion on a D lexer module I've
> written for inclusion in Phobos. There are several modules in
> line ahead of mine, so I'm willing to hold off on this if the
> authors of those other modules are ready for review.
>
> [1] http://wiki.dlang.org/Review_Queue

I had contacted Jacob (std.serialize), but he said that he
wouldn't be available this week so I haven't made an announcement.

As for the process, it is the Boost review with reductions to
match our scale. For example I believe Boost specifies a "Review
Wizard" whom manages the "Review Managers," but we need the
reviewers first, which might be easier to do with someone to do
some recruiting.

Brad, As for separations of concern. It probably isn't important
with the current quantity and quality of submissions, but there
is quite a bit of room for the review manager to work with the
submitter to identify and resolve major problems. But yes, it is
mostly getting the announcements out and tallying votes.