The cast(signed), cast(unsigned) feature proposal

Mrzlga bulletproofchest at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 17:43:26 PDT 2013

"doing nothing but converting unsigned->signed" is a dubious
statement.

They are still screwing with the range, they are not just "doing
nothing but converting unsigned->signed".
And 'int' says something about the outcome.

So I am really asking for:

cast(signed int) x;   // make them poor programmers write this,
lol

That's not what I actually want, but at least it shows: We're
making a signed conversion, AND we're screwing with the range to
make it into an int.

for further thought.