The cast(signed), cast(unsigned) feature proposal

Mrzlga bulletproofchest at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 19:24:31 PDT 2013

> not suggesting deprecating cast(), just suggesting there's no
> need to
> extend the language as it can be done in library code,
> advantageously. It's
> trivially extensible as I wrote it. However, any language
> extension has to
> be re-implemented by each compiler implementation.

I don't think you can simultaneously try to not-suggest
deprecating cast() shortcuts, and do-suggest there's no need to
extend the language as it can be done in library code, while
suggestiing duplicating cast() shortcuts. Your point would make
sense if you were trying to get rid of the shortcuts. Otherwise
you should argue for signed(x) / unsigned(x)

Make it consistent.