builtin sort

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Jun 8 15:51:05 PDT 2013

Peter Williams:

> Rather than deprecate it why not fix it?  Shouldn't have to
> import std.algorithm just to sort an array.

Generally you want to keep the compiler (all its layers) as
simpler as possible, to make it simpler to compile, debug and
develop. A sort is implementable very well in library code. Other
things, like tuples with a good syntax maybe can't be implemented
well in library code, so they should be in the compiler :)

I suggest to kill the built-in sort ASAP.

Bye,
bearophile