Slow performance compared to C++, ideas?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Jun 9 07:18:18 PDT 2013

On 6/9/13 6:58 AM, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 06/09/2013 04:57 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 6/8/2013 4:35 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
>>> 2. My last pull request has rotten for 6 months now.
>>
>> Sorry about that.
>
> No problem. Thanks for merging!

FWIW I look forward to
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1839 being pulled.
I've recently done some manual work of removing unnecessary
dependencies, and it's very tedious. Any help would be great. For
example, I'd love it if the compiler with -deps generated info such as:

importUseCount modulename count

meaning the imported modulename was used inside the current module count
times. A simple script can grep for instances of count=0 so that users
know what imports can be safely removed. A low use count such as 1-2
suggests it's possible to push that import down to places using it. One
more important use case is:

importUseCountInUnittests modulename count

which only counts use inside unittests. Modules that are only used while
unittesting should not be imported for normal use.

Andrei