Generating class hierarchy diagrams.

w0rp devw0rp at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 14:35:11 PDT 2013

Hello everyone. I got into my head the idea of generating class
hierarchy diagrams from the information available from D's
reflection capabilities. After asking around for a little bit of
assistance in IRC (IRC people are great!) and a bit of
programming, I have produced something tangible.

I have uploaded it all here: https://github.com/w0rp/dhier

The repository contains an example file with an example output
PNG. For the moment, this just generates a DOT language
description of the class hierarchies in a graph. The idea is that
you create a HierarchyInfo object, toss in a few ModuleInfo or
ClassInfo objects, write it to something like stdout, chuck it
through Graphviz, and you get a hopefully nice looking diagram.

Hopefully, this might be useful to somebody. It would be really
nice if there was some good way to integrate this into something
like Visual D. (Which someone in IRC suggested.)