std.compress

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jun 9 15:59:44 PDT 2013

On Sunday, June 09, 2013 21:25:55 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-06-05 22:48, Walter Bright wrote:
> > si - source index
> > di - destination index
> >
> > Not random. Would you prefer i and j? :-)
>
> It might not be obvious what they mean. I would prefer sourceIndex and
> destinationIndex.

Well, we could go somewhere in between those and do something like srcIdx and
dstIdx. Short doesn't necessarily mean hard to understand or non-obvious. The
trick is to pick abbrevations which are clear. But if you can't, then I tend
to think that longer, more descriptive names are better than short ones,
especially when you consider that more people than just you may have to
maintain the code later.

- Jonathan M Davis