Installing vibe via DUB

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jun 9 18:37:15 PDT 2013

On Monday, June 10, 2013 03:21:26 Greg Knapp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just starting out with D and vibe, apologies if this is the
> wrong place to ask vibe questions.
>
> After installing DUB (dub-git on Arch Linux) and specifying
> vibe-d as a dependency of my project in 'package.json', I ran
> 'dub upgrade' and vibe was installed. However, I can't start vibe
> as the bin file isn't found. It's installed local to my user with
> vibe in ~/.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.15/bin
>
> This the recommended way to install vibe according to docs on the
> site. How have others installed vibe?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I believe that this is the correct place to ask:

http://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/groups/rejectedsoftware.dub/

but if the main D forums were the place to ask, D.Learn would be better.
Regardless, when you install dependencies via dub, I believe that it normally
installs them in the .dub directory of your project, which works just fine for
libraries (which I thought that vibe was, though I've never used it). I don't
know how you'd deal with calling programs that were installed as executables.

Regardless, the link I gave you is to the dub-specific forums, so while some
folks here may be able to help you, the folks there definitely can.

- Jonathan M Davis