DMD 2.063 produces broken binaries

Jerry jlquinn at optonline.net
Mon Jun 10 09:46:40 PDT 2013

"John Colvin" <john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com> writes:

> On Monday, 10 June 2013 at 06:41:39 UTC, Jerry wrote:
>>
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is empty.  I've now reproduced this segfault on a Debian
>> testing machine as well as my Ubuntu one.  I'm pretty confused.
>>
>> Jerry
>
> I can't reproduce this anywhere. What's the output for these:
>
> gcc --version
> ldd --version

jlquinn at wyvern:~/dmd2/src/dmd$ gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-2ubuntu1) 4.7.2

jlquinn at wyvern:~/dmd2/src/dmd$ ldd --version
ldd (Ubuntu EGLIBC 2.15-0ubuntu20.1) 2.15
Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.

> Also, check for any stray installations or config files:
> find /usr /etc /opt /home/$(whoami) -name \*phobos\* -o -name \*druntime\* -o
> -name dmd\* 2>/dev/null

I ran and verified that there's no stray phobos or druntime libraries.

> Be warned that will take a while (a few minutes on my machine).
> Also, and I know this sounds stupidly simple, but have to tried
> re-downloading?

Already tried it.  I also get a segfault on my Debian x86_64 machine.

I've straced the dmd compile and it is using the correct libraries.

Compressed, the binary is 175K.  Is that OK to attach to the open bug?

Jerry