DMD 2.063 produces broken binaries

nazriel spam at dzfl.pl
Tue Jun 11 02:17:07 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 11 June 2013 at 06:00:01 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> On 6/10/13 6:10 PM, Jerry wrote:
>>> [pid 23169]
>>> open("/home/jlquinn/dmd2/linux/bin64/../lib64/libphobos2.a",
>>> O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 11
>>
>> OK, so it seems this is the cause. I'm trying to repro it on a
>> fresh
>> Ubuntu 12.10 VM. So at least two bugs:
>>
>> 1. We link dynamically by default at least on some systems.
>>
>> 2. The dynamically linked programs crash again at least on
>> some systems.
>
> Was unable to repro on a fresh installation of ubu 12.10/64 in
> a VirtualBox on OSX. (It's clear there is a problem somewhere
> though.)
>
> Andrei

I asked twice for attaching binary produced by compiler.
It would allow to see if the problem is with OP setup, hardware
or system.
If their binary will crash on our system, then something with
D(md) itself is borken.

It would also allow for disassembling and better debugging by
interested in solving problem people.

But I am totally ignored here.
Andrei, can you help? ;)