Looks like xbox one and ps4 both amd64

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Jun 11 03:52:09 PDT 2013

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:39:00 +0200
"nazriel" <spam at dzfl.pl> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 11 June 2013 at 08:20:33 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> > This has been known for a while, but I hadn't seen it mentioned
> > here explicitly.
> >
> > Both consoles are using amd jaguar cpus, which is good news for
> > us as druntime/phobos should in theory JustWork!
>
> Yeah, awesome news.
> Given that DMD itself probably will never support anything except
> x86(-64) so there is not much pressure to support other
> architectures in druntime.
>
> It is really great opportunity. Some new Android smartphones also
> are shipping with x86.
>
> But there seem to be some quirks with those CPUs:
> http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps4-and-xbox-one-s-amd-jaguar-cpu-examined/0116297

Wow, given the abilities of the PS3 and 360, that article reads like
the comments of a spoiled brat.

I think it sounds encouraging: It means the next gen might not end up
pulling a 3DO on price like their predecessors did. It damn near killed
the PS3, which took Sony some major work to finally turn around.

In any case, it is nice that they're using x86. Seems like a smart
choice. I'll admit, when I first heard about it I was surprised at
least one of them didn't go ARM, but x86 does seem to make more
sense for a major games console at this particular point.