closure vars typeinfo

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 17:08:22 PDT 2013

I'm catching up on the dconf videos tonight and just watched the
precise garbage collector one, where he said there's no info for
closures. Would it work if the closure's void* went to something
along these lines?

struct Closure {
     // magic a magic number to help identify this block

     size_t number_of_variables_captured;
     TypeInfo[number_of_vars_captured] capturedVarTypes;

     // whatever else is needed

     ubyte[xx] capturedVars;
}

The gc could read this and it might be useful for debugging too.

But I'm mostly just wondering if you guys thought any more about
how to (or if you want to) tackle this at the conference.