reddit discussion on replacing Python in 0install

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 12 09:02:25 PDT 2013

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:55:39 -0400, Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

>> No, it does perform well.  You are still not understanding the proposal.
>
> Yes, I understand your proposal quite well.
>
> Your benchmark is seriously flawed. Most modern systems cache writes in
> memory, and have a delayed write to the media. This hides the problem.

Sorry, but this is just bunk.  One uneven flush does not mess up all
future aligned writes.  I/O is not that fragile.

If you can demonstrate your theory, I will concede.  Until you do, don't
expect any more responses, it's no use arguing when you don't understand
the problem.

-Steve