Formal Review Process

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Jun 12 23:34:26 PDT 2013

On 2013-06-13 05:42, Jesse Phillips wrote:

> This has been what I'm challenging. The problem I'm trying to solve, and
> probably inappropriately doing so as part of the formal review, is as
> below.
>
> 1. We do not have a formal way to confirm a library should be put into
> Phobos
> 2. When Phobos does not provide the supporting modules we do not have a
> formal way to answer "Where do they fit in?"

How about we just stop the reviewing of std.serialization right now.
This arguing is leading nowhere. We can push back std.serialization one
place in the review queue and start with the next module in line. We can
continue reviewing std.serialization the next time it's time for a new
module to be reviewed. By then I will have finished merging it into Phobos.

--
/Jacob Carlborg