Effective D book?

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 14:22:14 PDT 2013

On Friday, 14 June 2013 at 19:38:10 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
> On Friday, 14 June 2013 at 18:29:10 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:
>> On Friday, 14 June 2013 at 15:38:02 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:
>>> Any plans on that now that language is stable enough? Andrei
>>> authoring maybe?
>>
>> Who would write it?
>
> Did you read what you quoted? :-)

I guess it does look silly like that :)

But the point I wanted to make came in the next sentence, is that
I think that currently, no single person could write said book,
because everyone has their own interpretation of best practices,
or different types of use. Not even Andrei. We all have our own
interpretation right now of how to use D. If the book was
released by a single author, it would just be that person's
interpretation of "Effective".

I would love to be proven wrong of course.

Another interesting project, given D's state, could be a
collaborative "D idioms and patterns", for example?