Effective D book?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jun 14 15:02:47 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 11:22:14PM +0200, monarch_dodra wrote:
> On Friday, 14 June 2013 at 19:38:10 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
> >>
> >>Who would write it?
> >
> >Did you read what you quoted? :-)
>
> I guess it does look silly like that :)
>
> But the point I wanted to make came in the next sentence, is that I
> think that currently, no single person could write said book,
> because everyone has their own interpretation of best practices, or
> different types of use. Not even Andrei. We all have our own
> interpretation right now of how to use D. If the book was released
> by a single author, it would just be that person's interpretation of
> "Effective".
>
> I would love to be proven wrong of course.

What about collecting the most common D practices among us and seeing if
some common trends show up?

> Another interesting project, given D's state, could be a
> collaborative "D idioms and patterns", for example?

Isn't there already a section on the wiki dedicated to that? It would
help if more people would contribute their experiences.

When solving a problem, take care that you do not become part of the problem.