Effective D book?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jun 14 20:51:44 PDT 2013

On Saturday, June 15, 2013 05:43:11 Szymon Gatner wrote:
> Btw: Not sure if "effective" series isn't somehow propertiary and
> linked to Herb Sutter. I know he is not only responsible for c++
> but also for c# version

Scott Meyers wrote the C++ one, Bill Wagner wrote the C# one, and Joshua Bloch
wrote the Javae one. I'm not aware of Herb Sutter having anything to do with
any of them. And Effective Java was published via a different publisher from the
other two, so my guess is that there would be no problem with the name
Effective D. But I'm not married to the name "Effective D." It's simply the name
that's been suggested and which would have recognition thanks to books with
similar names in other languages. The important thing is the content of the
book. If it ends up with a different name, then it ends up with a different
name.

- Jonathan M Davis