reddit discussion on replacing Python in 0install

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 01:36:13 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 15 June 2013 at 06:49:00 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/14/2013 10:45 PM, deadalnix wrote:
>> I don't think any of the proposed fixes is a good idea. With
>> he one you are
>> pushing for, the program can fail behind the feet of the
>> programmer, which is
>> not better.
>
> Please explain.

The solution that consist in flushing at first use is a
surprising behavior, and look more like a weird hack than a
solution.

The solution that consist into flushing in main at the end of the
program is problematic as well. At this point, from programmer
perspective, the program ran fun and is terminated successfully.
Still the whole stuff will explode under its feet, in the
runtime. That isn't something we should promote.