More Linux love?

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sat Jun 15 21:55:23 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 16 June 2013 at 03:25:19 UTC, Dawid Ciężarkiewicz
wrote:
> So I'd really like to ask all Windows-users D-developers:
> please install Virtual Box, latest Ubuntu guest inside, maybe
> Fedora too and see for yourself is your project is easy to
> install and working each time you release it.

Hi, no offense but your post comes to me like overly-biased
flamebait. As a Windows user, my experience is quite opposite -
most D users and developers are not using Windows, so Windows
support was lagging behind in many instances. x64 came to Windows
last. The Windows compiler is up to twice as slow than the Linux
compiler (because it's compiled with DMC). The coverage of the OS
API in the standard library/Druntime is underwhelming. GDC and
LDC are starting to officially support Windows only just now.

In contrast, deploying my D software on Linux servers is quite
painless and straight-forward.

Saying that D is neglecting Linux is an outright fabrication.