More Linux love?

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 22:09:00 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 16 June 2013 at 03:25:19 UTC, Dawid Ciężarkiewicz
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been following D development for quite a bit of years now
> and it have always been the case that Linux was a second (or
> even third) class citizen in D-Lang world.

My main use of D has been Linux. Work is being done on shared
libraries which has probably been the biggest missing support,
but I think Windows has also had to bear some of it.

Is it merely the lack of a dmd package in different
distributions? Linux receive 64-bit support long before Windows.

As for third party libraries, I'd say if it doesn't work for you
in Linux, it also isn't working in Windows (Assuming it isn't a
Windows library like Juno).