std.signals regressions - std.signals2

David d at dav1d.de
Sun Jun 16 06:25:14 PDT 2013

I looked into the "new std.signals" today:

https://github.com/eskimor/phobos/blob/new_signal/std/signals.d

It is completly unusable, "mixin Signal!() x" is blocked by bug, it
doesn't compile due to a wrong type (relativly easy fix), then when
using -unittest it fails to compile, compiler also doesn't give any
hints what exactly fails.
Removing these unittests makes it at least compile, but the other
unittests fail (assert). Removing also these unittests (hoping it still
works), nope it doesn't signals aren't triggered at all.

Are there any plans on improving this situation with std.signals or the
new implementation, currently both are getting less useable every day...
(e.g. signal.disconnect(&my_handler) disconnects all, yay what a joy)

I am hijacking this thread in hope someone will read that ;)
Hopefully also someone of the "new std.signals" developers.