stringof and mixins when the types aren't available

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 18:13:30 PDT 2013

On Monday, 17 June 2013 at 01:05:26 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> Yes, it is.

OK cool. Thanks, I never thought of doing it this way before!

Should solve a lot of problems, though see my last note on the
parameter default which is still outstanding. (Now the whole
parsing stringof is a massive hack in the first place, I'd prefer
to have a __traits or something to get the names and defaults
directly, but still gotta work with what we have.)

> Seems like you managed to immediately hit a DMD bug – "dmd b.d
> a.d" works using DMD 2.063.1, but reversing the module order
> produces a stream of arbitrary error messages.

Yeah, same with the 2.063 I have now that I try reversing it. How
bizarre.