More Linux love?

Tyler Jameson Little beatgammit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 19:54:30 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 16 June 2013 at 23:43:15 UTC, bioinfornatics wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a fedora packager and i put some D into official fedora
> repo
>  - derelict  version 3
>  - dsqlite   a tiny wrapper
>  - dustmite  to debug
>  - gl3n      to works with vectors and 3D
>  - glfw      to use it  with derelict 3
>  - gtkd      to use gtk in D
>  - ldc       to build D code
>  - tango     to use tango and miscellaneus feature
>  - syntastic to use gvim
>
> You see linux has some love at least into fedora the bleeding
> edge distro :-)

Well, not **the** bleeding edge distro. I'm on Arch, which has
some very good D support: derelict, GDC & gl3n in AUR, DMD and
LDC in official repos.

Anyway, used to be on Fedora and I also loved the D support. Most
Debian-based distros seem to be a bit behind the times for D
support. Perhaps there aren't a lot of D users on Debian Sid? I
haven't ever had a good experience with D on Debian and I usually
end up recompiling from source.