Another company using D

Justin Whear justin at economicmodeling.com
Mon Jun 17 08:48:39 PDT 2013

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 17:24:59 +0200, Marco Leise wrote:

> Am Sun, 16 Jun 2013 05:10:39 +0200 schrieb "Vladimir Panteleev"
> <vladimir at thecybershadow.net>:
>
>> On Saturday, 15 June 2013 at 08:04:08 UTC, SomeDude wrote:
>> > Should we start a page "They're using D" somewhere ?
>>
>> This page has been the only remaining red link on the new D wiki for a
>> while, so I created it:
>>
>> http://wiki.dlang.org/Current_D_Use
>>
>> Feel free to add to it. However, is it OK to add companies to such a
>> list just because one person mentioned their company was using D?
>
> Ask them officially first. They might see it as a win-win situation,
> since when programmers realize they can get real jobs in interesting
> fields using D, they might actually write resumes to those companies one
> day.

I'm mrjnewt from Reddit;  I read the newsgroups Mon-Fri and post
infrequently.  The company I work for has been using D since 2008; we
have quite a few important pieces written in D, including the API which
powers our webtools, an extremely high performance economic simulation,
and we're in the process of moving all of our backend data processes to D.