Request for review - std.serialization (orange)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Jun 17 13:59:31 PDT 2013

On 2013-06-17 16:39, Francois Chabot wrote:

> I will grant that making Orange part of Phobos will alleviate the
> project bloat issue, which is a huge deal. But as it stands, to me, it
> only handles a subset of what std.serialization should.

So what would you like it to handle? I assume you want a binary archive
and you want faster serialization? You are free to add enhancement
requests to the github project and comment in the official review thread.

The thing is with Orange is that it's possible to add new archive types.
If Orange gets accepted as std.serialization we could later add a binary
archive.

Do you want to stop std.serialization just because of it not having a
binary archive? Not having a binary archive doesn't make the XML archive
useless.

--
/Jacob Carlborg