dynamic library building and loading

Bottled Gin gin at bottled.com
Tue Jun 18 08:14:55 PDT 2013

> Actually, I seriously doubt everything is working as expected.
> For example, what happens when an application loads (via dlopen
> or similar) a D dynamic library:
>
> * Are exception handlers registered
> * Are module infos properly registered
> * What happens if I call Object.factory, will that find a class
> in the dynamic library
> * Are GC sections registered
> * What happens when the library is unloaded, will all of the
> above be unregistered and cleaned up

Hello D Experts

I am replying to an old thread since I want to know if and how
the situation has improved over the past few months. In
particular I want to link and call fairly complex D functions
from a C++ application.

I am exclusively using Linux. Can somebody please guide me if I
should expect things to work with current DMD master from github?

Regards
- Puneet