The birth of Åkerön

Tyro[17] ridimz at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 19:12:29 PDT 2013

On 6/18/13 8:55 PM, bearophile wrote:
> Joseph Rushton Wakeling:
>
>> I confess that when I saw the word Åkerön, in the absence of further
>> details I
>> assumed it was most likely to be some kind of online fantasy RPG ... ;-)

Back in my youth... when video games were all I could think about, that
would have been a real possibility.

> I presume Akeron is meant to ferry (carry) people toward a knowledge of
> D :-) The Styx represents the pain to endure to learn it, etc.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

That's pretty good. I like it. From now on, that's what I'll tell the
people that it means. There wasn't much though that went into the name
though. It's simply a combination of the first names of two very
important people who remain the inspiration behind everything I do in
life. I'm not kidding though, when people ask I'll give them
bearophile's interpretation. It's way more creative than mine.

--

Andrew Edwards