The birth of Åkerön

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Jun 18 21:53:22 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:55:19PM -0400, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 23:14:16 -0400, Tyro[17] <ridimz at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >The site is not active at the moment... I wasted my entire month's
> >bandwidth allocation allocation in six days trying to properly
> >configure a server on the VPN had to move that part of my learning
> >to a local box.
>
> I think you need to find another hosting company...
>
> At this point, you don't need concurrency, you need freedom of
> bandwidth and hard drive space.
[...]

Yeah, I don't know what your budget is, but I personally use
johncompanies.com for their Linux VPS (virtual private server). Tell
them you contribute to open source projects (namely, D), and you'll get
a discount. Because it's not an actual physical server, but a virtual
server running on shared server clusters, it has pretty good bandwidth /
disk space for the price, with triple T3 redundant 'Net connection (i.e.
minimal downtime), and you get root access and can configure everything
to your heart's content. Tech support is also excellent; you get direct
access to the admins maintaining the servers, no nonsense with bouncing
around poorly-trained question card readers. They're quite willing to
hand-hold paying customers through the process of setting things up, and
you can ask them to do periodic backups of important files/directories.
Highly recommended if your budget allows.

Любишь кататься - люби и саночки возить.