More Linux love?

Jordi Sayol g.sayol at yahoo.es
Tue Jun 18 22:17:47 PDT 2013

On 18/06/13 23:01, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/18/2013 1:55 PM, 1100110 wrote:
>> I don't know who does the packaging, but based on the amount of
>> incompatibilities that other projects have, I think the packagers deserve a
>> round of applause.
>
> Jordi Sayol authored the linux packages, and keeps them maintained, and yes, he deserves a round of applause for it!

Thank you all! it's a pleasure to do it :-)

BTW, due to the new phobos Linux shared library, I've split dmd into three deb packages:

"dmd-bin"         (compiler and others binaries)
"libphobos2-63"   (runtime shared library)
"libphobos2-dev"  (symlink, module files and static library)

"libphobos2-63" can be installed alone without the compiler, allowing to run programs linked against it. It contains the version on its name allowing to have multiple phobos shared libraries installed at same time.
https://code.google.com/p/d-apt/wiki/APT_Repository

These deb packages are installable on Debian-like systems with "multiarch" support (Debian 7, Ubuntu 12.4).
http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch

Also "D programing language specifications" in several formats:
https://code.google.com/p/d-apt/

Regards,
--
Jordi Sayol