how to compare immutable ints?

Charles Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 18 12:37:44 PDT 2013

(Sorry if this double posts.  I'm having trouble getting through at all.)

How should I compare immutable ints to ensure that they are actually equal?

I was quite surprised to receive the following error message:

cbt2.d(732): Error: function object.Object.opEquals (Object o) is not
callable using argument types (immutable(int))

when I tried to assert that two values were equal.  They were (should
be), indeed, immutable ints, but I'd prefer that I could check that they
were equivalent without printing them both out.  (I'm having a bit of
trouble keeping my logic straight, so I'm trying to assert many things
that should obviously be true.  And sometimes I've been surprised.)

--
Charles Hixson