Today's github tip - fixing local master

Daniel Murphy yebblies at nospamgmail.com
Wed Jun 19 05:12:21 PDT 2013

"Jacob Carlborg" <doob at me.com> wrote in message
news:kps11e$2jl2$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 2013-06-19 00:35, Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> No, the procedure is never push to upstream, do P.R.'s.
>
> Then wait for someone to merge the pull request. I don't understand what
> you did and what you actually tried to do.

Obviously.  Walter accidentally committed to master, then pulled from
upstream creating a bunch of merge commits.  All the branches he made after
this point then contained these extra garbage commits.  It didn't help that
he pushed this mess to origin/master too.  Hard resetting master is the
correct solution to this specific problem.