TDD is BS?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Jun 19 08:54:05 PDT 2013

On 2013-06-19 14:08, Paulo Pinto wrote:

> Additionally I am yet to find any form of unit testing that is possible
> to apply to UI code, in a way that the ROI really pays off.

At work we use RSpec together with Capybara to test the UI, or rather
the full stack. That is, for our web site. Capybara is used, via
different drivers, to control the web browser. When writing the test you
can use a driver that opens the web browser and you can actually see it
clicking on buttons, filling in forms and so on. When running the tests
in a CI server we use a faster headless web browser.

--
/Jacob Carlborg