TDD is BS?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Jun 19 14:01:59 PDT 2013

On 2013-06-19 19:47, Paulo Pinto wrote:

> With browser UI testing is a bit easier, but what do you do when doing
> native applications?

I haven't done any testing of the UI in native applications. It was
quite a while since I worked on a native application with a GUI. For CLI
based tools I use similar tools, Cucumber (I could use RSpec instead)
and Aruba.

> Or to come back to the browser area, you need to test the UI in all
> target browsers, across all supported OS. Not all tools do this, even
> Selenium, which I have in high regard, has issues.

Yes, absolutely. We currently don't do that. But it at least better to
test in one browser than no one.

There's a testing service, sauce labs, that supports many web browser. I
haven't used it myself.

https://saucelabs.com/

--
/Jacob Carlborg