TDD is BS?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jun 19 15:34:57 PDT 2013

On Thursday, June 20, 2013 00:15:50 Szymon Gatner wrote:
> Writing the test before writing the function is exactly the point
> of TDD.

And that's precisely what I disagree with. I will _never_ function that way.

> It forces you to think about parameters it should take
> and value(s) it should return first.

Which you should be doing anyway. That's part of designing the class of
function. I don't need tests to do that. The tests are to verify that what I
wrote work correctly. That's it.

So, I think that it's clear that I will never agree with TDD. If someone else
wants to code that way, and it works for them, great, but it's not how I want
to function.

- Jonathan M Davis