Time to destroy Walter: breaking modules into packages

TommiT tommitissari at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 19 22:24:09 PDT 2013

This is how I see the logic of this new feature you're adding:

When you have a folder named "mod" which contains a file named
package.d, the mod folder becomes conceptually a file with same
name and the extension "d". I.e. the folder conceptually becomes
a module, which you can then import to other modules. All the
code contained within all the files contained within the mod
folder becomes conceptually the content of this imaginary mod.d
file. Therefore it is only logical that all the code within this
imaginary mod.d file would have access to 'package'-labeled
symbols that are in files which are located under the same folder
under which this imaginary mod.d file is.