TDD is BS?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Thu Jun 20 00:36:39 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 20 June 2013 at 01:15:58 UTC, Chris Cain wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 June 2013 at 23:44:29 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>[...]
> Ultimately, the "goal" of TDD is to have the programmer sit
> down and look at code from a USER'S (as in, user of the API)
> point of view _FIRST_. "Writing a test" as the first step is
> really just suggesting "as a user, how would you find it
> convenient to use this thing?"

Just left enough context to ask the following question, I hope I
did not left out too much.

How does TDD then help how a user of my application will use the
application UI?

This is the area where I usually make TDD evangelists go
speechless in conferences, as they start to present ad-hoc
solutions and end up changing subject.

--
Paulo